Thursday, March 29, 2007

Test Post from Ecto

I'm using this blogging software called Ecto, and thought I'd try out a test post.

However, I don't think I'm going to use it for the moment as it doesn't allow you to upload images to a blogger account. This is a problem as I like pictures. They're nice. Here's what Ecto's author says.

"Although Blogger support image upload via the control panel, it's not supported in their Atom API. It is forthcoming, though, so when Blogger adds image upload in their Atom API, I'll be supporting it in ecto as well."
So, Either we wait until the nice Google people pull their fingers out, or we change to Wordpress or something. What do you think?

2 comments:

Victor Estrada said...

I tried Ecto for a little while but I didn't like it so I stopped. I have wordpress by the way and I'm using a mix between the wordpress thing and a firefox plugin called ScribeFire. I'm pretty sure it works with blogger if you're looking for a quick editor. It has an ftp addon which I like. Anyway, all that to say I like wordpress better than blogger.

Mark Jaffrey said...

Hi Victor,

I'll definately try out that firefox extension as I love firefox, and use it for gmail, google reader etc.

I think Wordpress looks better than Blogger too, but I like staying with Google (Blogger) as it integrates into all my other tools. But I am getting frustrated with the lack of flexibility, and I want a new look and feel.

I don't want the hassle of changing platforms though!!!