Thursday, August 28, 2008

Guitar Service


So it's been a few weeks since I picked up my strat, and at lunch time today when I took it down from the wall to prepare for tonight's church service I realised that it was dirty. Very dirty indeed. I sweat muchly while playing, especially when it's 37 Centigrade under the tent, and if I don't wipe the guitar down straight after then crud happens.

Anti-crud measures include

remove strings
polish guitar body with Dunlop Formula 65
polish fingerboard with Dr Stringfellow's Lem-oil
restring with Ernie Ball Power Slinky strings gauge 11
lubricate strings with FingerEase guitar string lubricant
tune up
stretch strings
play for a while :-)

2 comments:

Jim Drake said...

mark--i have a question on Visas for Egypt... contact me.

Unknown said...

In tents..

Looking forward to hearing it worship our Saviour and totally Awesome God by the Power of His Spirit in 1hr 19 minutes.

No further questions about visas your honour.

T.